Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Childproofing for Your Walking Toddler

When your baby starts walking, it opens up a whole new world of exploring.  And unfortunately, a whole new level of babyproofing that needs to be done around the house.  Here are some essential tools you will need (if you don't have them already):
  • Latches on cupboards, refrigerators, ovens, drawers, toilets, anything your baby can reach.
  • Baby gates
  • Padding on furniture corners
  • Outlet covers
If you have these things and you haven't installed them yet, you need to do so now!  In the blink of an eye your child can get into trouble if your house is not properly child proofed.  I know this is common sense but I'm going to say it anyway.  Never, ever, NEVER leave your child unattended.  Enjoy chasing your walker throughout the house.  They are oh so much fun at this age! 

For an extensive and thoroughly detailed checklist for childproofing your home for your new walker, check out this article from Babycenter.com, my go to resource for all things baby!  You can read the article here.

1 comment:

  1. babycenter.com is a very helpfull site . just like yours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading viewer feedback. Should you have any questions for me, please email me directly, I will be happy to help! :-)