Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Surprise!

Sorry for the gap in between posts.  For the past week I've been feeling under the weather.  This has been made doubly difficult because my 14 month old doesn't understand why I'm not laughing and crawling around on the floor with her like I usually do during playtime.  Instead I feel tired all the time, really nauseous every time I eat something, and running for the bathroom more times than I want to admit.  Doesn't really make for a fun playmate for a toddler now does it?

I finally broke down and took a pregnancy test.  Then proceeded to do a happy dance in my bathroom.  Yep, that's right, I'm pregnant!  I'm super excited, and scared to death all at the same time.  Yay hormones!

Keeping up with my toddler is a full time job.  It will be interesting to see how well I can manage keeping her happy and entertained without burning myself out.  The hardest part, and my biggest worry, is picking her up.  Sure its not a problem now, but once the belly comes and I'm carrying more weight in my front, I'm worried that I may hurt my back by trying to handle the weight of a toddler AND a belly (and super heavy boobs, my goodness they are huge already!).  It hurts just thinking about it.

So, in the weeks to come you can expect to see posts on pregnancy tips as I brush up on my research.  My two staples are babycenter.com and What To Expect When You're Expecting.  They are invaluable resources when it comes to pregnancy.  Though I will offer a word of advice about the book.  Make sure you read it with a thick skin.  It is a guideline and does not mean that everything in it will happen during your pregnancy.  But it does try to prepare you for the good and the bad and everything in between that may or may not happen to you.  That's why after reading a section on my current stage of pregnancy I would immediately go to babycenter.com to read what they had to say.  It helped alleviate a LOT of stress.

So, off I go to brush up on foods to stay away from during pregnancy.  Its one of the hardest parts of pregnancy for me as I LOVE food!  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading viewer feedback. Should you have any questions for me, please email me directly, I will be happy to help! :-)