Sunday, April 7, 2013

Annabelle is Walking!!!!

We were in the living room playing with our dog, Peanut.  Annabelle crawled over to the doggy gate by the kitchen.  Then she stood up, without the help of the gate or the wall.  She looked at me with a smile on her face, then took that first wobbly step.  Then another.  And another.  She made it all the way to the couch by herself!  Sure it was only 6 or 7 feet, but that's a mile in baby steps!  When she got to the couch, she started squealing and jumping up and down.  She was so proud of herself!  Of course, I was right there with her doing my own version of a happy dance.  I scooped her up in my arms, gave her a great big hug, and told her what a great job she did.  What does she do?  She starts doing laps around the couch. 

Life as I knew it is now over.

Unfortunately her favorite place to walk is on the tile instead of the nice cushy carpet we have in the living room.  My heart stops everytime she stumbles.  But she gets right back up and keeps on waddling.  She's so cute!

Just wanted to share it with everyone.  Thank you for indulging my "proud mommy" moment!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. thank you for telling all of us . I got the walking call while at work ! I was so excited ! started telling all of my co-workers she is walking couldn't wait to get home ..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading viewer feedback. Should you have any questions for me, please email me directly, I will be happy to help! :-)